Sometimes, after you make a sale on eBay, the buyer will request certain changes. For example, they might ask:
- "Can you change my shipping address?"
- "Can I get this item in a different size/color?"
- "Can you switch my quantity to 2 instead of 1?"
The first thing to do is check whether JoeLister has already asked Amazon to fulfill this item. To do so, go to your "eBay Sales" tab, and see if this sale shows up with an identification number in the "FBA ID" column.
Beware of eBay Scams
One big thing to point out about requests from eBay buyers to change the shipping address:
This is a very common scam on eBay. eBay will not protect a seller if they ship an item to any address other than what detailed in the eBay order.
So the safest option with requests to ship to a different address are:
- Make sure any related FBA order has been cancelled.
- Cancel the eBay order using the reason of problem with the address (you are not penalized for cancels for this reason).
- Tell the buyer on eBay that you cancelled the order to avoid shipping to the wrong address and they are welcome to order the product again after they have updated their shipping information.
Strangely, what you will find is many never re-order the item.
If you do decide to change order information
All changes must now be made through the Amazon Seller Dashboard. You can do one of two things:
- If you can accommodate this change, e.g. if the buyer asked to change their shipping address, you can make the appropriate change on your Amazon Seller Dashboard.
- If you cannot accommodate this change, e.g. if the buyer asked for a size that you do not have, you will have to reach out to the eBay buyer to tell him/her the situation. If they no longer want to place this order, then you will need to cancel the order through your Amazon Seller Dashboard, cancel the eBay order, and refund the eBay buyer.
To change the shipping address, go into your Amazon seller dashboard and try to cancel the order before it gets shipped out. Then, you can manually fulfill the purchase for your buyer again with the correct address.
How to do this: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/200141590